Sunday, November 9, 2008

A good weekend

I spent all of yesterday and part of today at a seminar featuring certified applied animal behaviorist Patricia McConnell, author of The Other End of the Leash and For the Love of a Dog. Aside from the fact that McConnell is just as engaging in person as she is on the printed page, I really learned a lot over these past two days. I now have a good idea as to why Allie, as intelligent as she is, does *not* do well in group classes (I think she gets bored when it's not her turn to perform -- typical of any diva) and how I can teach her to be behave better when she walks on leash.

But my Golden girl is getting impatient for an overdue (to her, anyway) run up at the local school field. Maybe on the way there I can put at least the latter lesson into action.

No comments: